Sunday, September 25, 2011
Mandala: An Artful Meditation w/ Stephanie Smith
Saturday October 15th 10:30am-1:00pm
Location: The Baum School of Art
510 West Linden Street
Allentown, PA 18101-1416
Call (610) 433-0032 to register
Join visual artist Stephanie Smith as she guides workshop participants through simple rhythmic drawing techniques to create a mandala - a circular art form which can be a powerful tool for meditation and creative self expression.
Self-taught and often referred to as “fearless” by her peers for her bold artistic expressions across multiple media forms, Stephanie’s ultimate goal is to encourage creativity without fear of judgment. Through the use of motivational storytelling, Stephanie will empower and inspire those to wishing to bring art into their lives via an immediately accessible technique regardless of prior art experience.
In “Mandala: An Artful Meditation” you will learn:
• How to set a safe space to create
• Stephanie’s mandala method
• Benefits of creating with intention
• Creating art without self-judgment
• Using mandalas in your journaling
• Making mandalas with found objects
• Choosing the right art supplies for you & your budget.
• What to do when wish to improve the overall quality of your creations.
No previous art experience is necessary, and everyone age 17+ is encouraged to attend.
Cost: $50 per person. All materials will be provided.
Call (610) 433-0032 to register.